Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Make: electronics book,, setting up the dc adapter

Make: electronics book,, setting up the dc adapter

Before the next experiment, we had to set up the DC adapter so we can use it for our circuits.















I didn't foresee any problems until I cut the little head off.

To my surprise, there was only one wire, and a bunch of little hair wires around it.
Turn out that the little hair wires were the ground, and the wire (which contained a bunch of little hair wires wrapped in some isolation) was the positive.















So i thought there was no way to use this without soldering proper wires to it.
So we did (I still haven't bought the helping hand gadget, so my wife helped me out)
Note to self: buy that helping hand gadget, very very useful!!

So 10 minutes later, a little burn on my finger and a wife worried for my safety when im doing electronics and i have the adapter ready to go.

Soldered wires















Taped and ready to go
















All done, ready for the next experiment!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked my blog! Just keep pushing forward, and don't make the mistake I made and get too bogged down on one experiment. If you get trapped, just move on to the next one so you don't lose momentum or interest.

    I had to take a step back from the Arduino blog but I really do intend to return to it one day. Just had too much with work and personal life (2 kids) to keep up the daily posting and experiments. But definitely want to finish it!

    Best of luck - James Floyd Kelly

    ReplyDelete